Hello SCU peeps, its Mike Draven here with another opportunity for all of you to get to know another great talent in the world of Professional Wrestling. My next interview is with someone who you may have seen if you follow Championship Wrestling from Hollywood as she is a member of the Family Stone, this is the Beautiful Heather Lynn & she was gracious enough to have an interview for us here on SoCalUncensored.com.
1. First of all, how are you & how are you feeling today?
HL: I am great, thank you. Enjoying my semester break after a great time in Tampa!
2. Do you remember the first time you saw a wrestling match & if so do you remember who was wrestling?
HL: I started watching at around 3 so I don’t recall exactly who it was, but it was enough to get me hooked for life!
3. Who was your inspiration to get into the wrestling business?
HL: My inspirations are Bobby Heenan, Oliver Humperdink, Sherri, Elizabeth, and Bret Hart mainly.
4. What was it about pro wrestling that made you decide that this was the thing you wanted to do?
HL: I love being able to get the crowd to respond to you just by your actions. They boo you or cheer you based on what you do in the show. The intensity of hearing the crowd’s reaction is like nothing you can imagine, it sends chills and I strive for that each time I walk through the curtain.
5. Where did go for your training & who were your instructors?
HL: I started at UPW and worked mainly with the Ballards and sometimes guys like Samoa Joe, Kazarian, and Chris Daniels. I would drive from Vegas to Huntington Beach almost every weekend. I took some time off after having my daughter and then resumed working in Las Vegas, but it was working with Championship and FSW Vegas that has truly opened up doors for me.
6. How do you feel about where you trained to be a pro wrestler/Manager? Were your teachers a positive influence on you?
HL: I loved being there, everyone at UPW was great and to this day I am still friends with many of the people I met there. I am still training and learning and I know that will never end, I only work with people who are a positive influence on me, it truly makes a difference.
7. Who were some of the other students in your class & do they still continue to wrestle or manage?
HL: Well, UPW was developmental at the time, so it is literally a who’s who of the wrestlers that came out of there. Phenomenal workers like Daniels, Joe, Cena, Kendrick, and I can’t even begin to name all of them! A lot of them are still working and doing great!
8. I know you’re a manager but have you actually had a wrestling match? And if so against whom?
HL: I have been training to fully wrestle in addition to managing, though I much prefer managing. I was in the Luna Vachon battle royal for Vendetta for my in-ring debut, and I have a few other things coming up very soon.
9. Exactly how long have you been in the wrestling buisness?
HL: A long time, haha
10. I know i’ve seen you accompany The Family Stone in Championship Wrestling of Hollywood but is there any other promotions you compete/manage for? If you do compete/manage for other promotions, do you have a favorite & why?
HL: My home base is Future Stars of Wrestling in Las Vegas where I currently manage Bryce Harrison, Ric Ellis, and Vic Capri, and I’m always scouting new talent. I have worked Vendetta Pro Wrestling, and the newly named Championship Wrestling in Arizona. I recently did a show for Florida Underground while I was there, and I have a few other places I’m in talk with, and always open for more! I can say I have a favorite, as there is something to love about all of them!
11. Have you or do you want to wrestle/manage talent in other countries?
HL: I haven’t done anything out of the US….Yet!
12. Please tell me about Heather Lynn & how your persona came about?
HL: Heather Lynn is part dark angel, part evil brains and personality, and charm 😉 She is me, amplified a lot!
13. Has Heather Lynn changed over the years? Meaning did you start your career with a different style/persona compare to now?
HL: I adapt to my wrestlers, and what the situation needs. I am always working on ways to make myself better in the ring!
14. Tell me about the men you have manage in your career? Tell me about working with Stu Stone, James Morgan, Cedric the Hitman, Eric Watts & Adam Pearce?
HL: Well, to say working with them is great is an understatement. They are honestly all amazing in their own ways, and Stu is so great on the mic, to understand how he does it is impossible. Adam is one of, if not the, greatest talent I have worked with in that ring and I hope one day everyone gets to see that. I was so lucky to be a part of the 7 Levels of Hate with him and Colt Cabana. Eric, Cedric, and James are all up and coming wrestlers and I believe their future is bright.
15. Who are some of the talent you enjoy working with & why?
any matches stand out to you as your favs?
HL: Working with Pearce is always entertaining, Brandon Gatson is a thorn in my side but I love battling with him, and watching Vic Capri work in the ring is surreal. I would say the two Pearce/Cabana matches and my personal vendetta against Gatson rank high on my list.
16. Is there any Indy talent in Southern california or anywhere that you would like to eventually work with/manage?
HL: I would love to work with or against Scorpio Sky definitely, and anyone who is a talent in that ring.
17. Do you have any road stories or any fond memories with talent outside the ring you would like to share?
HL: I miss the days when the Ballards, Kazarian, BBoy, and a couple others would go and sit at Norms or Sonnys after a UPW show and talk and eat and laugh all hours of the night. Also, not to ruin his rep or anything, but my daughter only knows Scorpio Sky as “Uncle Sky” and for that I’m lucky 🙂
18. After a grueling schedule, how does Heather Lynn relax? (Gym, Yoga, Video Games, Drinks, Etc)
HL: I would say sleep, but I would be lying. I spend a lot, I mean a lot, of time in the gym. Probably too much but it helps with stress. I don’t go out much, I don’t drink or smoke, so I’m quite boring. I enjoy sitting and watching TV, spending time with my family and animals, and yeah, watching way too much wrestling, lol.
19. What do you think makes a good match in the ring?
HL: The match needs to make sense. No need for 50 spots in a 5 minute match. You don’t always need to do every move in your set every time. Sometimes a simple match is the best match. If it doesn’t make sense, don’t do it!!!
20. Do you watch WWE, TNA or Ring of Honor? if so what do you think of the product?
HL: I watch WWE and TNA besides indies. I think the product had gone downhill but there are always bright sides to the shows, most of the time.
21. Speaking of the big companies, have you had an opportunity to wrestle for them in any dark matches, tryouts or gut checks? Or have you been able to participate in any backstage segments, etc?
HL: Working on that at the moment 😉
22. How do you feel about the current Indy Scene here in So Cal?
HL: It used to be much better when I started, but it’s coming back. A bit over saturated, too many Feds, but it’s moving in the right direction.
23. Some talent has set a goal for themselves saying if they don’t make it, they’ll walk away. Some are in college while wrestling, some have full time careers. So do you have a goal in trying to succeed in the buisness or do you have something to fall back on if things don’t turn out the way you want it? Or will Heather Lynn continue to wrestle/manage & enteraining fans for many years to come?
HL: I can’t say for certain. I’ll keep working as long as I keep getting work. I am in college but that doesn’t mean once I finish I have to stop wrestling. It’s my love, it’s my soul, it’s in everything I do. Sounds corny, yes, but it’s truly how I feel about this crazy business.
24. Tell me about your “Dream Match”?
HL: Me with Bret Hart against Shawn and Sherri!
25. Do you want to work with an all female promotion like Shimmer or “WOW” Women of Wrestling?
HL : When I am fully ready, I would love to!
26. Last Question: Do you have anything to say to the fans of southern california & especially to the fans of Heather Lynn?
Thank you thank you thank you!!! I appreciate everything and I am so grateful that people care enough to support me in my crazy dreams. I know I am not where I want to be yet, but I promise you I won’t stop trying until I’m satisfied. The fans of wrestling and the people in it are what makes it possible for me to do this, without you guys, there is no wrestling, so again, thank you so much!
For all the fans of So Cal, make sure you catch Heather Lynn & the rest of the Family Stone at Championship Wrestling from Hollywood today for another TV Taping at the Glendale Studios in Glendale, Ca. Or you can watch Heather Lynn, The Family Stone & the rest of the stars of Championship Wrestling from Hollywood every Sunday morning at 1am on KDOC. Thank you again to Heather Lynn for the interview & thank you SCU peeps for checking out another interview with another great Indy talent. Until next time, this is Mike Draven signing out.