Jay Cal’s View #56

A new year brings a FREE Television Taping from NWA Hollywood, brings the debut of the NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Champion Kevin Douglas.   Plus voting has started for Southern California Promotion of the Year.  Also Pro Wrestling Revolution is now available On Demand.  Plus this week’s upcoming schedule in the first Jay Cal’s View of 2012

Voting has stared for SoCal Promotion of the Year
The poll will be open through Thursday, January 12th. The web polls are worth 35% of the total votes, with the other 65% being awarded by committee voting.
UPW won the award in 2000 and 2002.  Rev Pro won the award in 2001.  Since then the award has essential been the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Award.  The promotion has won the award since its inception back in 2003.  As 8:30am on Thursday morning IWL is barely edging out PWG with 32.43% of the vote.

Pro Wrestling Revolution On Demand
Pro Wrestling Revolution launched an  On Demand service featuring “Lucha Libre.” Essentially for $0.99 you get a 30 day trial of an extensive library of Pro Wrestling Revolution.  Revolution talent have worked NWA Hollywood, been featured on the Masked Republic Presents : Viva La Lucha – Revolution dvds and on the Viva La Lucha Pay Per Views.  PWR wants to get your feedback on what you want to see on here, what works, doesn’t, ideas, they want to hear from you. Lucha Libre On Demand, go there now!

Talk NWA Podcast
The last time the 300lbs Manimal had a lot on his mind.  So much so we couldn’t cover it all in 30 minutes.  Between saftey meetings, road stories, and Manimal’s opinion on some new promotions to the NWA, we couldn’t fit it all in.  This week,  we’ll continue the discussion, talking about the Manimal’s return to NWA Hollywood and what’s next for the Man-Beast in 2012.

NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion debuts in Hollywood
On October 7th 2011, the National Wrestling Alliance crowned a new World Junior Heavyweight Champion after the previous champion forfeited the title.  Wrestlers from across the United States vied for a position in the tournament.  Southern California’s own Scorpio Sky was even a participant in the tournament.  “The Modern Day Hero” Kevin Douglas, who competes mostly in Texas won the tournament and the championship.  Douglas is set to debut in Hollywood this weekend.  This will be the first time for Douglas to compete in Southern California and although no opponent has been named, I’m hoping for a match up with the likes of Famous B.

Upcoming Events:

EWF: Why Gatson, why?
Friday, January 6th 2012 • 8:00pm
Knights of Columbus Hall
4315 N. Vincent Ave. Covina, CA.
Tickets $11, Kids $6
Featuring:  EWF Heavyweight Championship Match:  Johnny Star vs. Tommy Wilson w/The Mega Queen.

NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood
Sunday, January 8th 2012 • 3:00pm
Glendale Studios
1239 S Glendale Ave, Glendale
Tickets : FREE Admission
Featuring:  Debut of “Modern Day Hero” Kevin Douglas

Lucha Pro
Sunday, January 8th 2012 • 6:30pm
132 E. Florence Ave., Los Angeles
Tickets  $10, $3 for kids
Featuring:  Super Natural, Princpe Indu,El Hijo De Superboy vs. Kayman, Enigma De Oro, Fantomas


Remember you can follow us on Twitter @SoCalUNCENSORED and like us on Facebook.com/socaluncensored.