Earlier tonight, several Southern California based wrestlers made their debut for Impact Wrestling at the promotion’s television tapings in Las Vegas. Debuting at the event were Royce Isaacs, Jorel Nelson, Heather Monroe, and Southern California regulars Chris Bey and Ray Lyn.
Warning, the remainder of the article contains spoilers for upcoming episodes on Impact! on Pop TV and Impact’s Xplosion program.
The tapings started with Royce Isaacs and Jorel Nelson, who wrestle locally as the One Percent, taking on The Pillars of Destiny (Titan and Hunter Grey) in a match taped for Xplosion. The Pillars of Destiny would go on to win the match. This was the Impact debut for Isaacs and Nelson.
Later, Ray Lyn, who has appeared frequently on Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and currently wrestles for WOW – Women of Wrestling, made her Impact debut when she challenged Tessa Blanchard for the Impact Knockouts Championship. Tessa Blanchard won the match with the Magnum to retain her title. After the match, Taya Valkyrie came out and told Blanchard that Impact management has scheduled a match between the two for the Knockouts Championship at Impact’s Homecoming on January 6 in Nashville, TN.
Heather Monroe also made her Impact Wrestling debut at the tapings, facing Su Yung. Yung won the match with a mandible claw.
Also at the tapings, Willie Mack made his third appearance for Impact. He teamed with Rich Swann in a losing effort against the Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr. and Fenix). Mack had made his debut with the promotion on October 14, 2018, at Impact’s Bound for Glory pay-per-view when he teamed with Swann to defeat Ethan Page and Matt Sydal.
Chris Bey, who was runner-up for the 2017 Southern California Rookie of the Year award, teamed with Mike Sydal to face PWG World Tag-Team Champions The Rascalz (Zachary Wentz and Dezmond Xavier). The Rascalz would get the win. This was the Impact debut for both Bey and Sydal.
Additionally, Southern California ring announcer, and SoCalUncensored.com contributor, Joshua Shibata was the ring announcer for the event. It was also Shiubata’s Impact debut.
Here are the complete results from the November 11, 2018 Impact Wrestling television taping at Sam’s Town in Las Vegas:
- Pillars of Destiny (Titan and Hunter Grey) defeats 1% (Royce Isaacs and Jorel Nelson).
- LAX (Santana and Ortiz) defeats Falla Bahh and KM.
- Tessa Blanchard defeats Ray Lyn to retain the Impact Knockouts Championship.
- Johnny Impact defeated Matt Sydal.
- Su Yung defeats Heather Monroe.
- Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr. and Fenix) defeats Willie Mack and Rich Swann.
- Jordynne Grace defeats Katarina.
- The Rascalz (Zachary Wents and Dezmond Xavier) defeats Chris Bey and Mike Sydal.
- Desi Hit Squad defeats Lemon and Hyde.
- Brian Cage deafts Sami Callihan to retain the Impact X Division Championship.