SoCal’s own btwnchaosnorder gives a recap of the MPW’s Open The Millennium Gate from The Yankee Doodles Nightclub in Simi Valley March 12th 2011. Not a bad show for this promo. The main event really warranted its headliner status, and a couple of interesting SL’s came out of this show. MPW will be hosting a WrestleMania 27 party at the Yankee Doodles Nightclub on the night of the PPV, w/ a $10 admission. Looks like a good deal, which I may consider doing.
1) Chris Kadillak p. “Pretty” Peter Avalon w/ the Frog Splash.
2) Brian Cage p. Freddy Bravo w/ a Spinning Lariat or Clothesline
3) Fern Owen p. Terex (w/ Omar Duncan) w/ a top-rope shoulder block – A big upset for Fern Owen, who was getting beat up most of this match against a much bigger opponent. That left Terex ticked off, that he gave Omar Duncan a clothesline.
4) “The NY Knockout” Nikki successfully defended the MPW Ladies Championship, pinning “The Bloodthirsty Vixen” Amanda w/ a Chick Kick.
5) Anchors Away (David E. Jones & Ryan Stone) successfully defended the MPW Tag Team Championship, def. the Territory Kings duo of Mario Banks & Whiskey Fists MacIntosh. Territory Kings’ member Hellkid went to try to smash Ryan Stone’s head in with the whiskey bottle, which Ryan ducked, hitting Mario Banks in the process. That allowed the champs to hit their “Anchor Drop” team finisher on Mario Banks for the team pin, and that made Territory Kings manager Tex Tunney fire Hellkid from the stable.
* During a 10-min. intermission, “The NY Knockout” Nikki & Brian Cage held an autograph & photo-op session to raise funds for a charity 5k walk (& run) in Las Vegas, that is reportedly being hosted, or at least receiving contributions by Las Vegas-based Adrenalin Pro Wrestling.
6) 2-on-1 Handicap Match. Brawlin’ Bo Cooper double-pinned Hobo & Hanes Classic w/ a Splash from the middle rope. He set up the two men, who combined to equal the big man’s own weight, w/ a Double Bronco Buster, then a couple of bodyslams that left his opponents in a…”mature”…position for the finisher.
7) Spector def. Hellkid by DQ when Hellkid hit a low blow, and got beaten down by the Territory Kings.
8) Lethal Logan X successfully defended the MPW Maximum Championship, def. Jarek Matthews w/ his Sleeper hold, knocking his opponent out. Lethal Logan X was then confronted by Under Pressure, who was doing commentary that night w/ Larry Park & Lucha Libra USA commentator Lalo Gonzales, who vowed to cash in his Maximum Championship title shot, which he won in a battle royal on the same Friday Night as the PWG DDT4 tourney, at the 5/7 show.
M) Rocky “Azucar” Romero & Akira Tozawa def. MPW Heavyweight Champion Ryan Taylor & Brandon Parker. Akira Tozawa hit a Dragon Suplex on Brandon Parker for the pin, then wanted a shot at Ryan Taylor & his MPW Heavyweight Championship, at the 5/7 show.
Not a bad show for this promo. The main event really warranted its headliner status, and a couple of interesting SL’s came out of this show. MPW will be hosting a WrestleMania 27 party at the Yankee Doodles Nightclub on the night of the PPV, w/ a $10 admission. Looks like a good deal, which I may consider doing.