PDA

View Full Version : UFN 18 results and thoughts plus bonuess.

no1 jobber
04-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Well UFN was ok, some fights were pretty good with one close to FOTYC but nothing out of the ordinary exciting and only 4 fights in 2 hrs....still feels really cheap compared to previous offers of nearly 9 fights in 3 hr span. Eitherway here are the results

Cole Miller def Junie Browning by Guilltine choke in first round
Well problem child Junie Browning seems to be another TUF burnout and he prvoed that with his laughable lost to the very talented Cole Miller. I usually dont condone trash talking but I fel that Miller had good right o berate Browning after choking him out because honestly he just proved that Browning does NOT belong in the UFC.

Tyson Griffin def Rafael dos Anjos by unanimous decison
This fight had easily one of the best rounds this year. Griffin really showed improved standup and tagged dos Anjos at least adozen times on the chin...unforutnatly for dos Anjos he can take a punch. Plus in the first round dos Anjos caught Griffin's leg in a weird leg crank that might have torn something in Griffin's leg causing the fight to slow down and Griffin losing power in his punches and kicks. Either way the las two rounds werent too shabby and Griffin deserved the hard foguh win.

Ryan Bader def Carmelo Marrero by unanimous decision
A really ho hum fight. I mean Bader is probably one of the more impressive TUF winners BUT against a limited fighter like Marrero, all Bader needs to do is take downs and he gets himself an easy win....ho hum.

Martin Kampmann def Carlos Condit by split decison
Good fight, almost a show stealer...sadly unlike the Griffin/dos Anjos fight the action wasnt as constant in my opinion. I felt the fight could have gone either way and MAYBE Condit gave up a little near the end of the third round causing he judges to sway a little more for Kampmann. Either way it was a good figh for Kampmann, I think a impressive showing o Condit who can be just as competitve in the UFC as he was in the WEC.

Other results
Aaron Simpson def Tim McKenzie by TKO in the first round
Rob Kimmons def Joe Vedepo via guillotine choke in the first round
Jorge Rivera def Nissan Osternick by split decison
Tim Credeur def Nick Catone by guillotine choke in the second round
Brock Larson def Jesse Sandersby RNC in the first round
Ricardo Almaeida def Mat Horwich by unanimous decision
Gleison Tibau def Jeremy Stephens by unanimous decison

Bonuses- FOTN went to dos Anjos/Griffin
Submission of the nigth went to Kimmons
KO of the night to Simpson
All bonuses were $30k