PDA

View Full Version : Fergal Devitt

joshloveswrestling
08-13-2008, 02:20 AM
I just recently found out that Prince Devitt had a little run in So Cal? Can someone fill me in, if they remember what he did and who he worked for while he was here. Thanks in advance

ShooterJay
08-13-2008, 02:51 AM
Devitt competed mostly for the Inoki Dojo in the early part of 2006, back when it was still directly affiliated with New Japan, which is how he got his NJPW spot. He had a series of excellent matches there that basically no one but me saw (The Dojo never really drew more than 40 during their weekly shows in Santa Monica) before dropping the NWA British Commonwealth title (that he brought with him from NWA: UK Hammerlock) to Karl Anderson. He also had a couple AWS matches (one of which was a three-way tag on a 5 for $5 show I have on a DVD somewhere - it's available at the AWS shop and is a way fun match.)

His lone PWG match during that SoCal run was a 6-man at Card Subject to Change 2 where he teamed with Bino Gambino and TJ Perkins against Disco Machine, Ronin and Nemesis. He wasn't really in the ring a lot during that match so it's not worth seeing just for him. Of course, he came back for one more PWG match against Davey Richards at Giant Size Annual #4, which was okay and would have been a lot better if Davey had any clue how to help his opponents get over (a constant problem in Davey vs. newcomer matches).

Devitt showed flashes of brilliance in his SoCal run (I compared him pretty openly to Bryan Danielson to friends) so I'm not surprised at all how successful he's been in New Japan, currently enjoying his second IWGP Junior Tag Title reign.

I will also be forever be grateful to Devitt for helping train SHIMMER super-hottie (and super-great wrestler as well) Rebecca Knox. Thanks Fergal :)

joshloveswrestling
08-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks man. I am not familiar with the dojo, but have not heard good things about it besides some good talent that has come out. Does the dojo still run shows? I wish I would have taken advantage of Devitt when he was in So Cal. I enjoy following him and Anderson in New Japan.

Jason Bennett
08-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Ugh...

Jason Bennett
08-13-2008, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=ShooterJay]Devitt competed mostly for the Inoki Dojo in the early part of 2006, back when it was still directly affiliated with New Japan, which is how he got his NJPW spot. He had a series of excellent matches there that basically no one but me saw (The Dojo never really drew more than 40 during their weekly shows in Santa Monica) before dropping the NWA British Commonwealth title (that he brought with him from NWA: UK Hammerlock) to Karl Anderson. He also had a couple AWS matches (one of which was a three-way tag on a 5 for $5 show I have on a DVD somewhere - it's available at the AWS shop and is a way fun match.)

His lone PWG match during that SoCal run was a 6-man at Card Subject to Change 2 where he teamed with Bino Gambino and TJ Perkins against Disco Machine, Ronin and Nemesis. He wasn't really in the ring a lot during that match so it's not worth seeing just for him. Of course, he came back for one more PWG match against Davey Richards at Giant Size Annual #4, which was okay and would have been a lot better if Davey had any clue how to help his opponents get over (a constant problem in Davey vs. newcomer matches).
QUOTE]

Cue Da Bean with her senseless defense of Davey Richards as the greatest wrestler of all time!

Maybe greatest midget wrestler of all time?

Forever yours,
JB

Jason Bennett
08-13-2008, 04:41 PM
And I apparently don't know how to use the "quote" function. Fuck this shit.

JB

atox
08-13-2008, 05:05 PM
all u do is press the quote button.

boogiewog
08-15-2008, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=atox]all u do is press the quote button.[/QUOTE